Ten Year Economic Development Plan
Baltimore Street: Upgrade Baltimore Street visually. Add more lighting and replace unsafe pavements. Create a branding and marketing plan, as well as a business recruitment strategy. Consider including the gateway from Route 15 down Baltimore to Lincoln Square. Estimated time-frame - 3-5 years.
Steinwehr Avenue: The Business Improvement District has achieved $8 million of streetscape improvements, and is developing a strong marketing approach to attract more visitors to the district. The next phase of the plan is to attract investors to make major changes and improvement. A focus is on upgrading the Gateway coming into Steinwehr with new and upgraded businesses that will attract a family and higher-end visitor to Gettysburg. New attractions, restaurants and activities are underway or planned. Estimated time-frame: 3-7 years
Breckenridge Street: The revitalization of Breckenridge Street will be an important face-lift for the town, improve safety issues and attract mixed use residents and businesses. This area could be more of an arts cultural area, seeking alley improvements and ways to host events and festivals. Estimated time-frame – 2-10 years (2016 – 2024)
York Street: As the Stratton Street development unfolds with the county, coordinating future upgrades on York Street should be considered and eventually implemented. Estimated time-frame for York Street: 3-7 years. Estimated time-frame for Stratton Street 3-5 years.
West Gettysburg Gateway – TBD: There are shopping centers that need to be physically upgraded and thought put into how to create an inviting Gateway. Recently the Civil War Trust has purchased some land and a hotel that will be razed. It is important that coordination occurs among the borough and county planners, as well as the businesses to understand the impact of the changes occurring.- Target date to be determined.
Gettysburg Inner Loop: Trails and greenways can increase perceived quality of life in a community, and consequently attract new businesses. Greenways reduce pollution and provide healthy environments for exercise, recreation and travel. MSG will continue to support HABPI in their leadership to complete the Gettysburg Inner Loop.
Gettysburg Borough Business Advocate and Economic Development:
· Coordinate a Business Inventory Process with the Borough
· Create a business “Welcome and Orientation” Packet and process
· Develop a business recruitment plan for the Borough
· Conduct interviews, surveys to better understand and address business needs.
· Collaborate with Borough and Adams County with economic planning and assist in communications of information that impacts the businesses either directly or indirectly.
· Administer business support programs such as Façade Improvement and Zero Interest Loan programs
Steinwehr Avenue Business Improvement District Support
· Provide administrative and leadership support
· Assist with renewal process of the BID
· Assist with streetscape and transportation enhancement projects
· Support marketing, advertising, public relations and events
· Provide support in new business development of the district